rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

My 2014 Nissan Nv cargo van, tends to wander while on ghway.

Customer Question

My 2014 Nissan Nv cargo van, tends to wander while on highway.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

The reason for a sway bar is to eliminate this, check the sway bar bushings for being worn or cracked. Also check all other front end components for wear while it's on the rack.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Forgot to mention, Nissan dealer says, there is no problem. But there is a genuine steering wandering in highway. Could you explain to me, what could be causing, if no mechanical problem.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 4 months ago.

That could be the steering gear box causing that.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.