Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Nissan x-trail 2005. Fan not blowing . Lights working on

Customer Question

Nissan x-trail 2005. Fan not blowing . Lights working on dash . is it possibly fuses or fan resistor module?
JA: Have you checked the dashboard control switch? Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: where are the fuses?
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: no air blowing through fan - lights stil working on air input and and AC light comes on
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes :)
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: pulled out resistor - seems rather caked and housing has a brownish mark around connector? Not sure where the fuses rae...
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: such as
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Most common is the Blower motor Amp. This is like a blower motor resistor in a way. Just that when it fails, either the blower motor will not work at all, or it will come on and stay at one speed and can't be turned off. Since yours does not work, the blower motor amp will need to be replaced to resolve your issue.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
where do I find this?
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.

This is normally located down by the blower motor. It is secured by two screws an one electrical connectors.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i'm confused - isn't this the blower motor resistor ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am looking in the passenger well - is this where you find it?
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.

These newer cars don't use resistors any more. They call them blower motor amps. It's located by the blower motor which is on the passenger side under the dash area. The glove box should not need to be removed to access it.