Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer

I bought my sixth Nissan in July 2014, which is my fourth

Customer Question

I bought my sixth Nissan in July 2014, which is my fourth Altima. This Altima seems to have
a lot of road noise. The car was bought at Barr in Columbia, Tn. where I have regular
oil changes and tire rotation. My 2014 has 17,000 miles. I literally have to turn up the
radio not to hear the road noise. I have taken it back to Barr and also to two local
shops that I know and trust here where I live. They all three say it is road noise and one
said my tires are feathering. I have absolutely no idea what that means. My question, is
this normal for this Altima? I can count on one hand what I have had to do to my previous
five Nissans but I have been disappointed and have fought this for two years now.
Do you have any explanation at all?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

If your tires are feathered, this will create a roaring or humming type noise while driving. The tires being feathered comes from a alignment issue. This type of adjustment is covered only by the 1 year 12k mile adjustments warranty and is not covered under the bumper to bumper. So what you will need to do is replace the feathered tires and have a alignment done to resolve your issue.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.

If something had bumped the alignment out, through time it causes the tires to feather or become choppy. This is what makes the ride louder.

Do you understand?

Expert:  Jay replied 4 months ago.