Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

My name is Jean. My 2007 Nissan armada is not blowing any ac

Customer Question

Hi, my name is***** 2007 Nissan armada is not blowing any ac or heat through the front vents. This occurred after having the actuator and blower replaced. Could they have left something unplugged or blocked something? Help!
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

do you hear the blower come on, just not getting any air?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the blower comes on, but no air flow through the front vents.
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.

Did you try different modes? Do you hear a clicking noise when you try different modes?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
tried different modes, the dial that controls the speed of how high I want the air to go does not click, it never has. Had the coolant flushed today, (as far as they told me) and then started to feel a very small amount of air flow, but not a full blast. I've made an appointment with nissan, but I want to know what is going on, to make sure I am not having the wool pulled over my eyes. HELP!!!
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.

This is most likely a mode door actuator that is not allowing the mode door to properly operate the blower motors direction of air. The only other time I have ran into something like this is when the blower motor was replaced with a after market one. The after market one was actually rotating the wrong direction which was why there was no air. Did you replace the blower motor by any chance?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
He replaced the blower resistor.
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.

I though you said the blower motor comes on, it just doesn't blow air?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
sir, the blower comes on, but there isn't any air flow through the front vents. They replaced the blower motor and the blower resistor.
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.

That makes no sense, why would they replace the blower motor amp if the blower motor is working?

I would check the incabin air filter to make sure it's not clogged up. I would change modes and watch the mode door actuators to see if they are working.

Is this something you are looking to fix yourself?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No sir. I just wanted to know all the variables of what could be wrong and if what work was done didn't or did need to be done. And to have the knowledge of what the issues could be when I take it to the Nissan dealer. So how do locate the incabin air filter? And where are the mode door actuators?
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.

The incabin filter is behind the glove box. The mode door actuators are on the drivers side by the gas pedal area on the side. Looking towards the center of the dash while someone operates the controller would be recommended to properly see them operate.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Will the filter appear very dirty if blocked? If so, I'm assuming replace it, and watched to see if the mode doors are operational while operating the controls, correct?
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.

It would be pretty obvious if it's dirty. And yes, you want to watch the mode doors to see if they are working while someone switches modes while you watch.