Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I just had an oil change yesterday and they showed me my air

Customer Question

Hi Pearl,
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I just had an oil change yesterday and they showed me my air filter and topped off fluids.....
JA: How many miles are on the car? How has your mileage been lately?
Customer: Today after I drive an hour and turned the car off for 3 or so, the service engine soon light came on...
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Any ideas as to what may be going on with my car?
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: It's a 2005 altima with around 150,000 miles
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central everyday. Please let me know exactly what you need from this conversation so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service.

I believe you failed to mention what concern you need our help with on this car?

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Chris,I did let Pearl know what my concern was but I will tell you now....I just received an oil change 2 days ago in which they also took out my air filter and showed it to me and topped off my fluids.I drive my car for an hour yesterday, then I parked it for around 3. When I turned my car on afterwards, the service engine soon light came on and is still on.My car is a 2005 Nissan Altima and it currently has around 180
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
180,000 miles on it. What do you think the issue could be? Am I okay to drive it until air can bring it into the shop or do you think it could be serious and I should bring it in asap?

The check engine light comes on when the computer sees a concern that is either causing damage to the vehicle or causing emissions issues. Any one or more of about 500 codes could store. If you had a scan tool and or could get it scanned for me I could provide the steps to diagnose as well as repair it. Without the code I would need to try and diagnose based on symptoms. If you are noticing no symptoms then yes I feel it is fine to drive a few days till diagnosed or repaired. Its possible it could be as simple a a connector that got knocked loose during your recent repairs.

Once you have selected a rating at the top of your page view for my first answer to grade my assistance. All follow up responses are free and welcomed. Ask me about a phone call if you prefer that service.

Thanks Chris

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.