Kurt Kennedy
Kurt Kennedy, ASE master with L1
Experience:  Shop foreman at Auto-Lab of Texas

Receive code p0153 2001 nissan maxima 20th anniversary

Customer Question

receive code p0153 2001 nissan maxima 20th anniversary edition. have changed sensor code returns could an exhaust leak be the cause?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Kurt Kennedy replied 4 months ago.

It is very possible an exhaust leak could be the cause, But first I want to ask, What brand of Sensor did you put back into the car? Also, did you check the fuse?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
used an Hitachi sensor didn't there was an fuse, were would the fuse be located?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hello?which fuse is connected to o2 sensor

It is located in the fuse box under the hood. I attached a wire diagram, It is fuse number 8 which is a 15a fuse.
Also, I would stick with a factory sensor, these cars are VERY picky. At the shops I run, we NEVER use any aftermarket oxygen sensors as they have proven to not be reliable at all.

Check the fuse, and if that is good, the next step is to make sure the driver in the ECU is working, which we can do with a test light.

Thanks and let me know about the fuse!