Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of automotive Repair
7276279

A/C FRONT VENTS SLOW DOWN AIR FLOW AFTER A TRIP OR WHILE

Customer Question

A/C FRONT VENTS SLOW DOWN AIR FLOW AFTER A LONG TRIP OR WHILE IDILING, IT'S A 2011 SENTRA NISSAN
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Ron replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I would start first with making sure the systems pressure are correct. The AC pressure on a full system with the compressor running should be 35 to 40 PSI on the low side and 200 to 225 PSI on the high side. If the pressure checks okay then the next steps would be to check the system to make sure the compressor is cycling after extended use to keep the evaporator core from freezing up. If the compressor does not cycle as it should it can cause the core to freeze up and this will restrict the air flow. Check this and post back with what you find and we can work from there.