Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of automotive Repair

Starts and runs fine in park or neutral. when placed in

Customer Question

starts and runs fine in park or neutral. when placed in reverse or drive the car lurches and dies.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to determine what is causing the stalling concern you are having we need to start first with having the computer system scanned to see if there are any fault codes setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results we can work from there. Also, can you keep the engine running if you give it a bit of gas. Let me know.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can keep the engine running by giving it more gas. when I take my foot off the accelerator the car shakes and dies
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Okay thank you for that,

There are two things I would try first, one is disconnect the negative battery cable and take some MAF cleaner and give the Mass Air flow sensor a good cleaning and while going this take some carb cleaner and a soft cloth and also give the throttle body a good cleaning. Give this a try and post back with the results and we can work from there if need be.