peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

I have a 09 nissan cube that is not keyless. Wont start,

Customer Question

I have a 09 nissan cube that is not keyless. Wont start, drive perfectly fine til I got back to turn it on. Had to open car with key since it would not open with lock. Just got it back from reprogramming a sensor.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Jump starting it and checking if my steering wheel was locked.
JA: Battery issues can be tough to diagnose - lots of things to consider. Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 7 months ago.

Hi,my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to try to assist you with this.I may need more information in some cases to help with answering your question.

This issue here may be due to an internal electrical fault with the electronic ignition switch itself.I have seen the ignition switch fail before on several models causing this type of fault here needing replaced.

I would have the fault codes checked/read out with a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to help locate and repair this fault here.The ignition switch signals will need checked/tested with a multi meter as well as a compatible scan tool to check voltage and data signals.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete