Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Nissan sentra 1.8l crank code

Customer Question

nissan sentra 1.8l crank code
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
p0335 btw
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i hope i dont have to retype all the info i dont see it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a tech btw 20 years under the hood.
I got other things to check here. I'll keep checking in . please help this thing is clogging my rack and I dont want to have to pull the front cover to verify the chain is lined up right.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
With the balancer removed the crank keyway straight up the cam lobes look symetrically located in the head . But pictures show the dowel pin for the exhaust cam straight up and it's actually off by about a link at almost 1:00. . i checked dynamic timing and it was around 14b should be 9.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pictures show the cam position backed up a bit there is an extra link situated toward the exhaust cam rather than the intake cam as shown in the Alldata pic. (contrasted against the metal bar directly over the cam gears, if you count the links up to the colored links there is 1 link on the intake and 2 links on the exhaust. I can send a pic if you need.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Looks like it dropped the first part of my explanation...awesome..quick summary ...
Had a bouncing tachometer , customer went to dealer , they replaced ecm , crank sensor, soldered in new crank sensor connector. Didn't fix it so the customer who is mechanically inclined replaced the timing chain himself , (aftermarket) crank gear, guides. The tach problem was fixed after he was done . But it kept throwing the p0335 crank code, although it seems to run pretty smooth. He insists it must be off a tooth. ...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent a pic I don't see it.
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

Hey there, thanks for the question.

I am not seeing a pic, use the paperclip icon to attach your image.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i see no such icon on this screen only "add files". And i tried that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there it is
Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

That looks fine, 13 links between the cam marks.

Do you have the rest of the chain in a picture and a pic of the crank mark and keyway?

Expert:  Jake replied 1 year ago.

i really want to see the whole chain so i can make sure the crank doesn't need turned

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i guess you didnt bother to read anything .......