rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a 2009 Murano. It has 120,000 miles. I have had no

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Murano. It has 120,000 miles. I have had no issues other than the check engine light will come on periodically but always goes off. Yesterday, after I started the car and it was making a strange clicking noise and all the indicator lights on the dash board lit up . I turned it off and now it would not start back up. I tried to jump it and it began to smoke...not by the battery, on the other side under the oil stick. I immediately went to take the cables off and they were so hot I had to use gloves to get them off. Now there is no power to the car at all. I put the key in only to try to get it into natural so I could roll it into the garage and there is not power to the call whatsoever.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.

The first thing for you to do is attach a scan tool to check for what codes have been stored, and then get all of the KOEO data we can to fix this.

Thanks, Ron