Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

2005 Extera has 2 Codes, P1757 and P1759 What do they mean,

Customer Question

2005 Extera has 2 Codes, P1757 and P1759 What do they mean, and if you can a ballpark figure for cost.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: When you stop, then take off the engine has no power, then once it gets going it is ok. Engine light stays on
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Possibly, Depending on difficulty, Im know mechanic, but I can do small repairs.
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** would point toward a problem with the Front Brake Solenoid Valve which is inside transmission built into the transmission control module. I would recommend having problem taken care of at dealership or transmission shop so everything can be properly tested. Here are replacement instructions, let me know if you have questions. Thanks.