Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I have 2005 nissan altima with 133k. Car started to and

Customer Question

I have 2005 nissan altima with 133k. Car started to spit and spudder like cyclinders were going down then died in traffic. Only code I have is a P1051 and the car currently will not start?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. That code is for a A/F sensor Bank 2. No other codes?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have a spare IDM that has been swapped already, I pulled the fuel pump and turned the key and it blows fuel out, dash lights up ecm it lighting up. I have no other code she can crank all day and will not fire
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
bank 2 is that the front sensor near the radiator?
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.

Bank 2 is the side closest to the Radiator. Yes.

This could be due to a Catt Converter failure and restricting exhaust flow. Do you have a full blown scanner or just a code reader?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Code reader, the cats are less than a year old, I did those last year when the dealrt mis diagnost the car. It broke the gound for the engine to the frame, killed both cam sensors and all 6 coil pack.
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.

Oh yeah, when the ground cables go, it does take out all coils. Did you replace the Cam sensors with after market ones? Where did you get them? How long ago was that?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
year ago cam sensor are dealer parts
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
would the af sensor cause a no start issue
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.

No it should not. Lets try this for the heck of it though and see if it starts. Try unplugging bank 2 cam sensor and see if the engine starts and idles. If it doesn't. Then plug it back in and unplug Bank 1 cam sensors and see if it starts. We are only trying to see if it will start and idle.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
still no start
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.

Ok.. When you turn the key to the ON position, does the security light turn on Solid? Also how much gas is in the car?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
1/2 tank there is no security light in the cluster, its to bright out I cant even see the one on the dash
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.

It should be on top of the dash by the windshield. Did you get gas recently before this started?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
not in 2 weeks I have 7 mile round trip for work
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.

Do you know if the engine is getting fuel?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Pump was removed and key turned to run, it sprayed fuel everywhere, I can seem to find a port for the fuel pressureI can crank it and pull a plug
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.

We can check for spark, and also check to see if the plugs are soaked with fuel. We may need to check injector pulse and may require a scanner to monitor sensor readings to determine your issue though.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
plugs are dry but do smell like fuel, car looks like it isnt getting any fuel
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
would a bad fuel pump still blow fuel into an open line>?
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.

No, if you don't have injector pulse, fuel won't go into the engine. Did you see if the security light was solid when the key is turned on? May have a computer problem.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Dealer is stating that the timing is off 18 degrees? Is this even possiable? They want 2500 to fix that and that may not make it run?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I dont know how you jump ship in the middle of this then answer a random question the next day and get paid. You are sopose to help me resolve the issue.
I repeat again
Dealer is stating that the timing is off 18 degrees? Is this even possiable?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.