FIXITMAN, MasterTechnician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Degree Auto/Diesel Tech

It's running rough during idle & acceleration. The engine

Customer Question

It's running rough during idle & acceleration. The engine light starts blinking. I've changed the ignition coils & installed a new intake manifold gasket.It ran great for about a month. Now it's doing it again.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Changed the ignition coils & intake manifold gasket.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: I've got 270,000 miles on it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Can you give me the year, make and model of the vehicle? Have you scanned the computer for codes?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
2003 maxima se. No haven't scanned yet for codes. That was my next move.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 4 months ago.

You need to start by scanning for codes. It does sound like a misfire. The most common cause of this is a failing fuel injector. The injectors fail all of the time on this vehicle. If you can get the codes and can get them to me I can help you further.