mike switzer
mike switzer,
Experience:  lead diagnostic tech at Aamco
93239347

I have a front bearing out on a supercharger in our 2002

Customer Question

I have a front bearing out on a supercharger in our 2002 Nissan Xterra and am wondering if the Eton repair kits I see on eBay for approximately $75 will work or will a replacement supercharger be necessary?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you can send me the link for that kit I can tell you if it will work.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Bobby, here you go. Jeff
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 8 months ago.
Thank you. I'll take a look at it and get back with you.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Bobby, I really need an answer. This is getting ridiculous. Jeff
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 8 months ago.
Sorry Jeff. The question disappeared on my end. I do not think that will work. I am going to opt out though and see if another expert can give you more information.
Expert:  mike switzer replied 8 months ago.

that kit will work however i would never trust anything from EBAY. atleast for components as important as that. also are you planning to do the repairs yourself?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Mike, apparently the product is from eaten which is a good manufacturer but I can't find anyone to replace the bearing so far either locally or online. Any suggestions? Jeff

that is a tough one. if you cant find anyone to do that you may need to send it to eaton for them to service it. since it is a liability issue for some people and there may be special tools needed to service the unit.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The only other thing I want to ask is if you know the manufacturer of the supercharger used in the factory model so I can buy the correct part/kit to repair it
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok, to finish this, can you tell me who the factory OEM manufacturer was for the supercharger from the factory?

either eaton or whipple. if memory serves correctly it is Eaton

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks