Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

I'm going trying to find the adjuster alternator belt on my

Customer Question

I'm going nuts trying to find the adjuster for the alternator belt on my 2003 P12 Nissan Primera 2.5 NeoDI. I need to loosen it to replace the alternator.
Rob Domanski
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 6 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.Hi, I noticed you haven't been helped yet, I can try to help if you like but we don't have those cars in my part of the world so I will just be guiding you and need your input to figure this out.But if you'd rather I can opt out and see if someone else can help?First off since I'm unfamiliar with those vehicles, does it have a serpentine belt? (One belt that goes over the majority if not all pulleys and is flat usually bout 2-4cm wide)
If it does it's possible to have a hydrolic or spring tensioner. Is there a pulley that looks like it's attached to a short arm? If so this pulley if there's not a nut looking protrusion on the arm then you put a wrench on the pulley nut and twist. Some twist clock wise while others counter clock wise. But the whole arm should move which ever way. If the nut just loosens then it's the wrong way and you need to twist the other wayLet me know if this helps or if I can be of further assistanceThanks
Sonny

I strive to provide 5 star service. If I have satisfactorily answered your question please rate it as such and hit submit. Doing so is the only way I get compensated for my time. Also it doesn't close the discussion so we will still be able to communicate if there are further questions.
Thanks
Sonny