Matt, Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, worked in auto industry for 22 years on engine, transmission and suspension design

Anyone familar with the 300ZX Twin Turbo Engine?

Customer Question

anyone familar with the 300ZX Twin Turbo Engine?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Matt replied 4 months ago.

sounds like you may have a broken piston ring and the thing to watch about sourcing a different engine is that the while the VG30 engine is used a couple of cars ( maxima , QX and the 300ZX ) then it was fitted with lower compression ratio pistons and cooling jets for the twin turbo application so really only another 300ZX engine will do

and there should be no issue with fitting a slightly earlier engine as long as you can move the sensors over between the 2 units

Expert:  Matt replied 4 months ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you