Super mechanic
Super mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master ASE, 30+ years exp. domestic and imports. Class A collission tech
2947720

I have a 91 Nissan d21 4 cyl and would like to change the

Customer Question

I have a 91 Nissan d21 4 cyl and would like to change the oil pump, are there any tricks to this job? such as fill the oil pump with oil before installing ect.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Super mechanic replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

You will definitely want to pack the new pump with some white lithium grease so that it is not run dry. That will stay in place and won't run out like oil will. Then, of course fill the filter with oil as well if that is being replaced. I normally pack it in the intake hole and turn the pump's shaft and allow it to suck it in until it comes out the other hole. Thanks

.

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

I do not have access to your email address,