Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Diagnosis tool indicates BCM has problem, how do I solve the

Customer Question

Diagnosis tool indicates BCM has problem, how do I solve the problem?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Technicaldan replied 6 months ago.

As long as the tool you are using is of a good make and is reliable, the cheapest option for you would be to have the unit sent away to an aftermarket repair specialist.

I would use one that agrees to test it first and let you know the outcome, if the unit for some chance passes then you would need to do a lot of wiring and component testing outside the scope of this thread.

The only other option would be a replacement unit, this would require coding and programming with the equivalent of a main dealer tool, which is likely to be expensive.

I assume that by the point you have gone to the lengths of diagnosing and asking you have tried the usual battery reset and clear codes routing.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The starter has been checked and is OK. We are charging the battery to check the transmission. I also diagnosed and found that the BCM has an error and also IBCM has error too.
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

What year and model Nissan is this?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's Nissan Teana (altima)J32 250XE Year 2008. See attached fotos
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
dashboard indicators
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The car
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.

When is comes to a BCM issue that is a internal malfunction the BCM would need to be replaced. Now, when replacing a BCM this is something that requires a scan tool for a few reasons. First is that the new bcm comes blank. You need to save the original BCM's configuration so you can write it to the new BCM. Then after that is done, all the keys for the car will need to be reprogrammed. Then if equip with tire pressure monitoring system, all tire pressure sensors would need to be reprogrammed. This is not something you can do at home unless you have a scanner that can do this.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok. I was advised to check the timing belt which is being done right now.
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.

You don't have a timing belt. You have a timing chain

Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!