peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

Both keys will not open doors with remote or by putting key

Customer Question

both keys will not open doors with remote or by putting key in passenger door lock
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: can not get into my nissan navara with the 2 keys i have
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: changing batteries in both keys and putting keys in passenger lock
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 6 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Are you locked out of your vehicle or are you able to get in the vehicle to see if the engine starts at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Pete, i am locked out my Nissan Navara and both keys do not work, i have changed batteries in keys and also tried the keys in lock on passenger door

Does the lock turn at all when using the key to try and unlock it?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no the lock does not turn

O.k.,you may have a weak or dead battery in the vehicle causing the no entrance with the remotes since both are acting up.Usually the door lock cylinder can bind and cause a no unlock issue due to lack of use.In allot of cases you can spry a small amount of lubricant into the lock cylinder and then work the key in it to allow it to rotate to unlock the vehicle.I would try this here.If this does work then you will want to see if a battery re charge or jump start then allows the engine to start and have the battery tested.

If you still cannot unlock it to gain access then a lock smith or dealer technician may have to come out to use their tools to unlock the door for access into the vehicle then have the battery recharged and tested.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Just seen that there is a flashing red light car symbol on dash with a spanner?

Was the vehicle unlocked or are you still locked out?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Still locked out
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What is a red car flashing symbol with spanner in middle symbol mean?

O.k.this only indicates that the vehicle is locked and the alarm is set.Until it is unlocked with the key or remote this will flash like this here.If you cannot unlock it then a lock smith may have to come out or a AAA company to unlock it for you unfortunately.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete