peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.

2008 nissan altima 2.5s with po840 code, replaced valve body

Customer Question

2008 nissan altima 2.5s with po840 code, replaced valve body and tcm already and still no throttle response. Same code still comes up, any idea
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: No throttle respons, will only go up to 4000 rpm after 20 seconds. Scan tool keeps coming up code po840 and have already replaced valvebody and tcm
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Valvebody and tcm
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Inspect the engine wiring harness and transmission wiring harness especially where the harness runs and connects to the transmission itself.If any issues are found with the wiring or connections this will need to be repaired to resolve this fault here.If this is or has already been checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue from here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Vehicle seems like to be in limp mode. After replacing valve body and tcm is there a relearn procedure that shou be done?
There is a procedure called deleting the cvt fluid deterioration rate that needs done with the dealers consult scan tool and if this is not done this may cause some issues here.This is like a reset.I would have a dealer check and perform this with their consult tool as well as check for any programming that may need done.