Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Trying to get my broken dip stick out of my 2002 nissan

Customer Question

trying to get my broken dip stick out of my 2002 nissan sentra
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: we can,t see it but it broke off and is down in the hole
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: my son
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jared D replied 6 months ago.
Good morning,I've been hundreds of these broken nissan dipsticks. They were routed in a bad spot that gets too hot for a plastic dipstick. Is there any way you could send a picture of what it looks like thus far? There is a trick I used to use but it won't work if the dipstick is too far jammed in.