Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a 2012 Nissan Frontier pro 4x, and I'm having an

Customer Question

I have a 2012 Nissan Frontier pro 4x, and I'm having an issue with my ac working. I already had it professionally pressure tested and also vacuumed the "freon" out and replaced. My issue is the ac will not get cold, ac lights turn on but the ac clutch will not engage, I was able to run a hot wire to the compressor and it worked and blew cold air, but without that wire the ac will not get cold. I check that wore that runs to the ac compressor for power and it did not have any. I checked the fuse in the cab glove box, and also tried looking for a relay and fuses under the hood but did not come up with any answers. Let me know if tgere is anything else you need!
Thanks Cameron
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 9 months ago.

Hey there, thanks for the question.

First thing you need to do is perform the auto-active test of the IPDM. It will actually engage the A/C clutch to verify the circuit is working and the relay in the IPDM is good.

If the auto active test activates the magnet clutch like it's supposed to, then the problem is not likely wiring or IPDM related, it's more likely an issue with the pressure sensor or the front air control. More commonly the pressure sensor.

If you need more help just ask! if not just be sure to leave a kind rating so the site credits me for my time.

Expert:  Jake replied 9 months ago.

ohh one last thing! almost forgot.

If the IPDM auto active test DOES NOT work. Check the fuse for the compressor. It's fuse 42 in the IPDM.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did the ipdm test and clutch engaged fine.
Expert:  Jake replied 9 months ago.

Then your problem is likely the pressure switch. If the pressure switch is bad the clutch will never engage for safety purposes regardless if the freon levels are correct.

Expert:  Jake replied 8 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know, if not just be sure to leave a kind rating so the site credits me for my time.