Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.

I installed brake controller on 2011 nissan frontier. After

Customer Question

I installed brake controller on 2011 nissan frontier. After installation vrc off and slip light came on. Brakes on Frontier are now looked on. What did I do
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 5 months ago.

are you saying the frontiers brakes are locking up? or the trailer brakes are locking up?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The Frontiers brakes are locking up.
Expert:  Jake replied 5 months ago.

Is the ABS or slip light on?

Did you remove the Brake switch when installing the controller?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The slip lite is on. Yes i removed the brake switch
Expert:  Jake replied 5 months ago.

2 things to check then.

First since the slip light is on you need to inspect the wheel speed sensors and their wiring. I have seen wheel sensor wires that were cut cause the ABS system to lock up the brakes.

Secondly I have seen people install the brake switch and not adjust it afterwards. If it's installed improperly i have seen where the center part of the switch gets locked in place when the brake is depressed and causes the brakes to remain locked up because of the pedal itself.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I twisted the brake switch a quarter of a turn it seems like. It went back in exactly the same way. What adjustment can I make to it?
Expert:  Jake replied 5 months ago.

How it connects is the quarter turn, thats not the issue. The issue is putting it in to far. Set it to where the brake lights barely go off then lock in in place.

You would know if yours was an issue the brake pedal would be stuck practically.

Expert:  Jake replied 5 months ago.

The VDC and SLIP lights are indicative of an ABS fault. It's picking up a slip condition.

Expert:  Jake replied 4 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know, if not just be sure to leave a kind rating so the site credits me for my time.