Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.

1999 Maxima SE engine hesitates - short blips at idle and

Customer Question

1999 Maxima SE engine hesitates - short blips at idle and acceleration
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 5 months ago.

Hey there, thanks for the question.

Lot's of times on these engines this slight miss you are experiencing is from an air leak, commonly found in the manifold gasket. You can usually disconnect teh vacuum line on teh FPR as well at idle and it will smooth it out when you pinch the line.

check for an air leak and let me know, of if you have a scan tool give me the fuel trim readings and can likely tell you from that if there is an air leak.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Jake, worked on all the lines and that didn't work.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Please remove the $17 from my credit card
Expert:  Jake replied 5 months ago.

Hey there, glad to hear back from you.

These questions are supposed to be ongoing correspondence to find out whats going on, I am not at the vehicle and need feedback from you in order to help you diagnose your issue. The only thing I got from your response is that you checked the vacuum line to the FPR, which was just one of many things I mentioned on the front end.

Did you check the manifold for air leaks? do you have a scan tool that can look at live data or fuel trims?

Let me know, thanks.