Greg
Greg, import technician
Experience:  import Technician . Shop Owner ,. 27 years experience,
29331485

The key fob has stopped working on our nissan note. My wife

Customer Question

the key fob has stopped working on our nissan note. My wife drove to work with no issues then tried to lock the car and nothing happened. She ahs tried to start the car but again nothing is happening. I know we can lock the car manually but is there a way she can start the car manually?
JA: Dealing with a malfunctioning key fob can be frustrating and really inconvenient -- the mechanics will have somegood ideas about what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if i can at least get the car started so my wife could get home that would be great - we have a spare key we can use once she is back home
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Greg replied 6 months ago.
Hi . Are you still in need of assistance, as i see this was opened a few hrs ago. When a keyfob fails you can normally operate the vehicle by locking and unlocking the drivers door with thekey then you should be able to start . if still a no start issue then you may just have ba bad key and will need to get the other to try .If your wife is too far away then the only and best thing to do is get a locksmith out . he will come out to you and test and repair the no start issue with his diagnostic scan tools .Here is a link so you can find a locksmith . Please click here If you are not too far away from the wife take out the spare key and try if still bad news call the locksmith out. Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,A bad rating does not constitute a refund.If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .Kind regards Greg.