Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

There, my 06 Xtrail boot door won't lock! Central locking

Customer Question

Hello there, my 06 Xtrail boot door won't lock! Central locking works on other doors, but not the boot door,,
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Ok,, so the handle on the boot door feels ok,, but the locking mechanism on the bottom of the door not moving, it just won't lock around the door catch/ lock pin of the car
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Took it apart this avro my self,, easy enough, but can't really see the problem?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: Wish I could send a photo??
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 8 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.First let me get a little more info. From your description, is the boot closing just not locking so you can't open it? Or it won't even close properly?Thanks
Sonny