Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

Hey Jake , I have a 07, nissan versa sl hatchback And it's

Customer Question

Hey Jake ,
I have a 07, nissan versa sl hatchback
And it's make this whining noise when I turn it on and while I accelerate. ..it's loud , is it the ctv?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 months ago.
HI there,So the car will make this noise even without actually moving down the road?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
as soon as I start it up it whirls and whines, then I will put it in gear and the whining continues louder as I accelerate when I stop and idle it still has a little bit of a whine like whistling sound but as soon as i accelerate as soon as I accelerate and whines and whirls
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 months ago.
OkThis doesn't sound like an issue with the CVT. Since you get the noise even at a stop when you just start it, I would suspect one of the pulleys. The drive belt tensioner or possibly the alternator. The alternators on these have clutches and bearings in them that can make this type of noise.The best way to tell is to remove the drive belt and then start the car and see if the noise is gone. This is where I would start with this.Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.Thank you so much!
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 months ago.
Hello again, Just thought I would check in and see how you made out with this or if you need any more assistance?