Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of automotive Repair
7276279

I own a 2003 Nissan Altima s. It feels like my car is idled

Customer Question

Hello, I own a 2003 Nissan Altima s. It feels like my car is idled to high and does not seem to shift right, and when I get on the highway I can set my cruise control fine. About 15 minutes after setting it, it will suddenly stop working. Sometimes it will let me reset the cruise control other times it will not start back working until I turn the car off for a little while. Also, after this occurs, every now and then my car acts like it will not catch gears, and when I hit the gas it will shoot the rpms way up and eventually catch gears. I cannot help but think these issues are related. No leaks in transmission.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.If the engine is revving while your driving and the transmission is slow to engage then that usually means the transmission is slipping and not likely related to the cruise control. The cruise control system has no control over the transmission or its shift pattern. In order to determine if this problem is an internal problem with the transmission or an electronic control issue you are going to need to start first with having the system scanned and see if there are any fault codes setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will see if I can help you get this figured out and resolved.