Super mechanic
Super mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master ASE, 30+ years exp. domestic and imports. Class A collission tech

I have 09 altima airbag light on, I tried to reset by turn

Customer Question

I have 09 altima airbag light on, I tried to reset by turn off and on and light disappeared for a day and the airbag light appear again blinking... How I can totally take out the light? Thank you
JA: Seeing the Airbag Warning Light pop up is worrying -- it's essential that airbags work when you need (which we hope is never.) Luckily, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with will have all the information you need to get this figured out ASAP. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes by myself.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'd check youtube and follow what's in there reset airbag so I tried turn off engine and count 5 seconds for 4 times and after that the light was gone but just for a day and the light on again.. I am tired already doing that. So Im asking you guys some other way or what will I have to change so I can get rid of it. I was thinking if i will change the airbag module....
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: And also the battery and brake light appeared in my cluster... I already change alternator and battery I bought for a year but let somebody check the voltage of the battery and alternator they all passed but why is it the light stay on
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Super mechanic replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome, thank you for using our site. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today..Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating. There are many areas of the SRS or airbag system that will cause the light to come on or blink. You will want to get the code(s) read to see what area the problem is in. Then we will have a better understanding of what the problem may be. .Thanks