Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

I have a 2009 Nissan Sentra the fob was lost and alarm was

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Nissan Sentra the fob was lost and alarm was going off the ppl disconnected the battery to shut alarm off I then got a locksmith to cut key and program fob but car won't crank the car lights and doors lock and unlock but won't crank.. Hell
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 6 months ago.
Hey there, thanks for the question. The good news here is that since the engine won't even crank it's not related to the security system. The security system just cuts injector pulse. The fact that it's not cranking is a good indication that the battery could be dead or that the battery terminals were not tightenend properly once reconnected. Check them and let me know please.