sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

My 2005 Nissan Altima ran out of gas last night, we put in 2

Customer Question

My 2005 Nissan Altima ran out of gas last night, we put in 2 gallons but the car won't start. It doesn't seem to be the crank sensor or the fuel relay and the fuel pump fuse is good. Any ideas?
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: My uncle is a mechanic and is helping me at the time.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: Not that we can think of right now
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is***** will try to assist you
If it ran low on fuel u could have sucked debris in the filter or ruined pump ,hopefully not
1- U said not fuel pump fuse or fuel pump relay ,Did u check all fuses .2- can u hear the pump running when u turn switch on for first 5 secs.Hook up a fuel pressure gauge to the fuel system and see what is the pressure if any .Also tell him to check for spark and .If some reason the security lights is on on dash after u insert the key than disconnect battery 5 minutes reconnect to reset .But if car was running most likely the fuel system has debris if the pump is running but not good pressure .
Hope I was helpful to you.
A 5 star positive rating is appreciated .Feel free to ask follow up questions on this issue.
Rating me will not close the post u can come back and ask follow up questions thanks.
Off course if he has access to scanner read codes ,if the fuel system was not the issue.And send them to me .thanks again
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!Do you still need help?