Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

Changed the battery in my 09 Nissan Murano, now the display

Customer Question

Changed the battery in my 09 Nissan Murano, now the display is blank, the audio & climate control does not work
JA: How many miles are on the car? Do you happen to have the wiring diagram?
Customer: 87000 and no diagram
JA: When was your last tune up?
Customer: january this year
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I would like to
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  tracker40 replied 10 months ago.
Hello, there are several different options for the AV unit, do you have navigation? DVD system? base audio? what size screen do you have? Have you done or tried anything?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Checked the fuses in the 2 fuse panels, Bose audio
Thanks, ***** ***** a bit more information you did not answer in effort to help, I will opt out and open the post to the other experts, Sorry I could not help
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. try disconnecting the negative battery cable for 15 mins. Then connect it for me and see if the hard reset got your radio and climate control working again. Let me know..
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
That did not work
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.
Do you have a test light? Did you jump start the car? Can you read a wiring diagram?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The car was jump started. I don't have a test light. I can read a wiring diagram
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.
I have seen if jump cables are not connected to the battery in the proper sequence it can cause a voltage surge damaging control units. Sequence meaning, positive connected first, then negative. Then negative removed first and then positive. Do you have navigation?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No navigation. The cables were used properly
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.
Ok.. Is this a Base audio system or a Bose Audio system?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It is a Bose system
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.
Do you have the 7 inch display for the air conditioning?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/2a.pdf That is the complete Radio and Air condition chapters from the factory service manual for you. This information should help you with your issue. Please download it as I do not keep this information available long in my dropbox. Do you have any more questions on this?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't have the capability of checking this
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 10 months ago.
HEY MY NAME IS ***** ***** I WILL TRY TO ASSIST YOU .IF U DONT HAVE A TEST LGHT , GO TO THE UNDER HOOD FUSE BOX & RECHECK THE FUSES AGAIN IN CASE U MISSED ONE PUll them one at the time and try to see visualy if they are Broken ,Under the hood fuse box DOES has a fuse for the Audio system it could have blown while changing the battery .Try that let me know, then we can go further , next will need to pull the head unit out to check for power or a missing ground But If your not comfortable doing that I suggest take it to a local repair shop, cause it will be hard knowing he issue with out this info. Good luck .
BUt if u do want to do it yourself , I can walk you thru it step by step, I will be happy to offer that to you for a premium.Thanks.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I appreciate your help, went thru the fuses multiple times. Looking like I made to go to the dealer.
I m glad you are satisfied with my answer .A 5 star positive rating is appreciated . Please let me know if u have anymore questions on that same issue, you can always come back to this post and for follow ups.You rating me is how I get compensated . Thanks again . Good luck.
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.
Let me know if you have any more questions on this. Thanks Jay!
Let me know if you have any more questions for me . Thanks
hi , Did u take it to dealer? did u get resolved ?