Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I have a 2004 Nissan 350z I am getting multiple misfire

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Nissan 350z I am getting multiple misfire codes I have replaced cats injectors and plugs what else could it be
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. What brand spark plugs did you install?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ngk
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
also I just got it back from dealer they changed injector and new plugs and new cats
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i still get random misfire code and it runs like shit
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.
Do you have any mods on the car?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no mods stock bmer o bumper
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.
How long as it been running like this? Did you happen to get gas before this issue started to happen? Are any coils blistered or slightly melted?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it has had the gas system cleaned out all coils have been tested and passed I am wondering if it s a vacuum leak
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.
Do you have a scanner to monitor fuel trim readings?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no the dealer checked the fuel flow found one bo injector and replaced i
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.
The last time I ran into one like this, it was a bad Ecm. I would monitor fuel trim to see if it's running lean. Then if you unplug the MAF ( Mass Air Flow ) sensor it will drop to a default rich state. That would tell you if your dealing with a vacuum leak. Example. If you don't have a Vacuum leak, if you unplug the MAF sensor, the air and fuel trim readings should drop to 75% Alpha, or -25 Fuel trim. If it can't drop to that, then you have a vacuum leak Understand?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I will try this to see if I get the result you discribe
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.
ok.. Also look at 02 Readings. A Bad 02 sensor can make the car run poorly as well if it's not operating properly.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the o2 ensor was replaced with the cat did you mean the pcm instea of ecm
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.
Nissan calls the engine computer, ECM ( Engine Control Module ). You have 4 02 sensors. Which ones were replaced?