Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

I have a 2004 Nissan 350z I am getting multiple misfire

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Nissan 350z I am getting multiple misfire codes I have replaced cats injectors and plugs what else could it be
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. What brand spark plugs did you install?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ngk
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also I just got it back from dealer they changed injector and new plugs and new cats
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i still get random misfire code and it runs like shit
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Do you have any mods on the car?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no mods stock bmer o bumper
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
How long as it been running like this? Did you happen to get gas before this issue started to happen? Are any coils blistered or slightly melted?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it has had the gas system cleaned out all coils have been tested and passed I am wondering if it s a vacuum leak
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Do you have a scanner to monitor fuel trim readings?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no the dealer checked the fuel flow found one bo injector and replaced i
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
The last time I ran into one like this, it was a bad Ecm. I would monitor fuel trim to see if it's running lean. Then if you unplug the MAF ( Mass Air Flow ) sensor it will drop to a default rich state. That would tell you if your dealing with a vacuum leak. Example. If you don't have a Vacuum leak, if you unplug the MAF sensor, the air and fuel trim readings should drop to 75% Alpha, or -25 Fuel trim. If it can't drop to that, then you have a vacuum leak Understand?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try this to see if I get the result you discribe
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
ok.. Also look at 02 Readings. A Bad 02 sensor can make the car run poorly as well if it's not operating properly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the o2 ensor was replaced with the cat did you mean the pcm instea of ecm
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Nissan calls the engine computer, ECM ( Engine Control Module ). You have 4 02 sensors. Which ones were replaced?