peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

1999 nissan pathfinder slow to 4t gear sometimes, what could

Customer Question

1999 nissan pathfinder shits slow to 4t gear sometimes, what could cause this problem. transmission was rebuilted about 2 yrs ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. In some cases this can be caused by debris build up in the transmission valve body with the transmission needing flushed out to free up and remove debris from it.If you have not had this done or a transmission service at all this should be done.I would first have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are setting with this issue here.If any codes are setting those codes will need to be diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete