Over drive on 93 300zx n/a only works every once in a while

Customer Question

JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The Trans was supposed to have been rebuilt shortly before I got it. The Trans dash light and overdrive light never come on . So I can't read codes. And I don't know how pins on the a/t control unit are numbered so I can test circuits
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: This is a recording cause I said I can't retrieve codes
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Nissan Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried to pull codes . Tried to test. But don't know pin numbering.
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  mike switzer replied 5 months ago.
when you say it works once in a while do you feel it kick in and out.