Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

My 2007 Nissan Quest kept having lean code misfires on Bank

Customer Question

My 2007 Nissan Quest kept having lean code misfires on Bank 1 eventually I smoke the Intake and exhaust system and discovered a lead in the EGR valve. I replace the EGR Valve along the O2 sensor on Bank 1, the Mass Air Flow Sensor and a cracked vacuum line. Now the van runs fine, no misfires or stutters. However, now it produces a DTC code P2A00. My mechanic has erased the code several times over the past few weeks and it keeps coming back. I took it to the Nissan Dealer to see what he could find was causing the P2A00 code. He hooked up his Consult 3 machine looked at the engine and said everything was fine and he said the P2A00 was coming back because the previous faults from the leaking EGR were causing the P2A00 code and he would erase the info stored in memory and everything would be fine. The dealer erase the code and the P2A00 code came back the next day. I have a CanBus 2 blue tooth adapter and can view all the info in real time. I want a real fix to this code given everything done to the van and that the dealer says it runs fine.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 8 months ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** most likely got a bad o2 sensor, where did you buy it from, was it a factory sensor or aftermarket?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It is definitely no a a bad O2 sensor. It is an OE sensor from the dealer and the dealer mechanic I just took it to verified it was not the O2 sensor.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 8 months ago.
Ok, on your scanner, what is the long term fuel trim, on bank 1?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I can see the long term and short term fuel trim.
The fuel trim was messed up when the
EGR valve had a hole in it. Since I replace the EGR the long term and short term fuel trim are very good and you can see the number change in rear time as you rev the car.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 8 months ago.
what is the long term readings on bank 1?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It used to be 25 now its 0 or up to 2.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 8 months ago.
ok, then its not lean or rich, the P2A00 can be caused by a rich or lean condition, a bad sensor, or a bad ecm, but the rich and lean and bad sensor would show on the long term fuel trim, so they can be rulled out, the only other thing is the ECM, if the engine is running good, and the fuel trims show normal, then it can only be the ECM,Tim
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 8 months ago.
Please dont forget to rate me so I can get credit for helping,Thanks,Tim