sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

2011 Nissan Pathfinder front AC blows cold in the morning when

Customer Question

2011 Nissan Pathfinder front AC blows cold in the morning when it's cool out the rear AC blows cold constantly
JA: Many things can cause trouble with the A/C. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The front AC blows warm when the outside temperature gets above 75 and is never as ice cold as the back AC
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes several years ago meaning 10 I was certified I car AC I also have gauges the freon level is not the issue
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked the AC Freon level it is okay so I discharged it and recharged it thinking there might be some debris in the expansion valve it did not do anything
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: The front AC will randomly blow cool when the outside temperature is warm but typically it only blows medium never ice cold
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: The rear AC blows ice cold when on
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 5 months ago.
Hi ,sorry to hear about your car problems .Can you tell me if youhave you had any a/c work done to the system in the past?
If freeon level is ok and the front condenser has no objects blocking its air pass and the a/c fan is kickin in when the a/c compressor is on the next step will be to check the a/c compressor itself ,you can do that by looking at a/c gauges while you reving up the engine and see if the compressor is operating in the range it need to be while underload .a lot of times its good on gauge on idle but it is not pumping quick enough the freeon needed to get it cooler.
If you looking at the low side gauge (blue in color) the needle should not go in to the vacuum side if it does than the a/c compressor is the culprit.Then you can buy an a/c kit that comes with a new a/c compressor , a/c drier and a/c oil and new o rings.make sure you flush system on a/c system on a machine if you end up doin the job yourself.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!If the system is properly charged, the rear a/c works correctly at the time the front does not and pressure are good then you either have a bad front expansion valve or a blend door issue. When the a/c isn't blowing cold check to see if you're able to control temperature at all. If temperature will not change then you have a blend door issue. If temperature does change yet it just doesn't' blow cold then replace the expansion valve.