Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Xterra: I have a 2000 Nissan Xterra, V6, 6 cyl. Last night

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Nissan Xterra, V6, 6 cyl. Last night as I was approaching my driveway, the horn blew a couple of times and the hazard lights flashed then stopped. This happened twice before I turned the ignition off. What could cause this to happen?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Has this only occurred once?Did it effect the way the engine ran?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This happened twice, one right after the other during the same period of time. It did not effect how the engine ran. I had a Mazda RX-7 that did the same thing when the brake flluid was low so I checked my fluids and found that the coolant was very low. I filled it up, drove the vehicle and it has not happened again. I recently had work done on my AC system and assume that maybe fluid was lost and not replaced. There are no leaks anywhere.