Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

Code are p0340 and p0726 on a 04 maxima. JA: Sometimes things

Customer Question

Code are p0340 and p0726 on a 04 maxima.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Trans slip after getting hot.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Might have to because the local dealer is lost.
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: none
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jared D replied 6 months ago.
Hi,So it sounds like you have had the vehicle into the dealer already? What have they tried thus far?The P0340 code and p0726 codes both being present at the same time makes me think that perhaps both of the cam position sensors are failed and therefore are out of correlation. Have they attempted to replace those sensors yet?