sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

No spark, new cam and crank sensor, ses light comes on with

Customer Question

No spark, new cam and crank sensor, ses light comes on with key, no power to pin 42 of ecm
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I just did
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Of coarse
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: Recently replaced trans, but drove it a few times since
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!No vehicle information was posted with the question so I'm unable to see what pin 42 is, but if that's a power feed to the ECM then the no start condition is because the ECM isn't awake. A loss of power could be a wiring issue, blown fuse, an internal fuse box issue or possibly the ignition switch.What year and model is the vehicle and what is the engine size?