Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

No power to 2011 rogue ac compressor JA: Sometimes things

Customer Question

no power to 2011 rogue ac compressor
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: no power to 2011 rogue ac compressor
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: changed compressor and clutch,had voltage before i changed it now i dont
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 6 months ago.
How was the system refilled and replacing the compressor?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The system was charged and I had 14 volts to the old clutch/compressor. The clutch was bad not the compressor but I changed both any how. I disconnected the power to compressor,removed belt,disconnected low an high pressure lines an removed old compressor. Installed new compressor pulled vacuum for 1 hour started to add 134a and could not get compressor to come on. Ran power straight to comp. it came on, add 17.2 oz. 134a to low pressure line.still have no power to comp.in side blower and Ac controls work.did the test by pushing the door switch 10 times, heard clicking but do see clutch move. I don't think it's the low pressure sensor, when I jump it the fans stay on. Thanks
Expert:  Jake replied 6 months ago.
The fact that it had power prior to replacing at and knowing you get power (the click) when performing the active IPDM test tells us the circuit itself is good. 17.2 ounce is pretty much spec assuming you evacuated prior shouldn't be any issues there. First, change to DEFROST mode and see if the compressor kicks on, if not check the pressure on the high side and see what it's at. let me know.