Roy Belding
Roy Belding, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  41 years expierence on all cars and trucks to 2014
3506196

Accy relay is located where the diagram says.Non of the others

Customer Question

accy relay is located where the diagram says.Non of the others are the same type. I can't find the fuel pump relay. 2001 Altima 16 valve
JA: So many things can cause fuel pump issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: fuel pump sounds like it is running, so looking to change the relay.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: starting fluid into the air filter area does start the engine temporarily. Also changed the fuel filter.
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Roy Belding replied 6 months ago.
good morning my name is ***** ***** I will assist attached is the only pin point location I have found for the relay. if the pump is working then the relay most likely is not your issue. it most likely is a bad fuel pump. it is not putting out enough pressure to keep the engine running Roy
please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts Roy