internal88
internal88, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I have been working in the technican for over 15 years. I am an expert in diagnostic.
63512786

I30: I have an 01 I30 and had code p0505 come up. I replaced

Customer Question

I have an 01 I30 and had code p0505 come up. I replaced the IACV and reset the computer. This fixed the problem but it stopped idling again after about 3 miles on the road. Is there something causing the IACV to fail and what do I do?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  internal88 replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I'm Matt.The ECU is most likely failed. The IACV winding may have actually shorten it. Just double check the connection from the IACV to the ECU. 90% of time we had to change out the ECU. The IACV has 6 wires to the valve: two Red power supply wires, one White/Purple, one Yellow/Black, one Yellow and one Gray/Blue wire, that are used by the ECM to control the IAC duty cycle. There are 4 winding phases inside the IAC valve. The ECM turns the two windings on and off in each sequence to change the valve opening and closing in steps. Shorted windings in the IAC valve have been burning up circuits in the ECM. Please rate me positive, thank you!