Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

My door key is broken and the alarm is going off JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

My door key is broken and the alarm is going off
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Don't have a spare key
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes I'm down on the cash
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Do connecting the battery can't find the fuse
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: 1999 maxima
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question What you will need to do if you do not have another key is to remove the trunk lock cylinder and bring it to a locksmith to have a key made. Once you have had the key made, you will need to have the locksmith or a different mobile locksmith program the key to the car to allow the car to start and you would use the key in the passenger or truck lock cylinder to turn off the factory alarm. do you have any more questions on this?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No
Expert:  Jay replied 6 months ago.
Ok then. Thank you for using JustAnswer.com Don't forget to Rate me if you are satisfied with my help. Thanks Jay!