CHRIS ZAPANTIS
CHRIS ZAPANTIS,
Experience:  AUTO TECH at G&M EXXON
83135375

Quest: 95 quest airbag light flashing changed clock spring

Customer Question

95 quest airbag light flashing changed clock spring still flashing
Category: Nissan
Expert:  CHRIS ZAPANTIS replied 9 months ago.
Hello Im Chris and I will assist you. What code re you getting?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I asked the mech at the Nissan dealer for the code. He told me that the mech who diagnosed the quest wasn't available and he had the paperwork. He also stated that he was present during the test and is certain that the Spiral Cable is the problem. That's why the Clock Spring were changed. It was purchased from the junk yard. If it's the cable, is it possible to get one separate from the clock spring? As the expert, what do you think?
What exact cable are you referring to? If its still throwing a code chances are its the junkyard clock spring. The guys at the junkyard dont know any better and if they twist the clockspring even one turn the clockspring is no longer centered and it will not read correctly. Then its almost impossible to recenter it. I think you are dealing with a bad clockspring.
If you feel that I have answered your question please rate me so I can get credit for my time. I will leave this open so you can come back and ask me what you need to.