Experience:  AUTO TECH at G&M EXXON

Pearl. Just got back from smog test . . .OBD fault codes

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. Just got back from smog test . . .OBD fault codes were P0325 and P0420. I'm trying to determine the least amount of repair work necessary to pass smog.
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My truck is a '99 pathfinder w/240k miles and doesn't quite have the efficiency it used to yet still pretty good. At this point, just trying to pass smog.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible, but I have a mechanic who's done some work on it in the past. It didn't pass smog last year either, but we gave it a tune up, changed distributor/rotor, spark plugs, etc. and it passed fine.
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  CHRIS ZAPANTIS replied 5 months ago.
Po325 is a software glitch in Nissans they wont fail you for that. For the p0420 you need to replace the catalytic converter on bank 1.
If I have answered your question please rate me so I can get credit for my time.