Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.

Altima: my name is ***** ***** I have a 2003 nissan altima

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have a 2003 nissan altima 3.5 manual. I replaced the the rear main seal and the clutch. Them now the don't turned on. I friend of mine tell me the flat wheel is out of time is it possible?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 months ago.
Hi there,Yes, if the flywheel is not installed properly the car won't start. Sometimes you can verify this by unplugging the crank position sensor. If the car then starts it is in fact the problem. The flywheel has a hole in it where the dowel pin on the crank goes in. If you didn't line these up, then the car will not start.Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.Thank you so much!