sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience

GXE: how to replace the ac push button bulb in a 1996 nissan

Customer Question

how to replace the ac push button bulb in a 1996 nissan sentra gxe
the blue light can it be replaced?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!I'm not showing that the bulb for the a/c indicator light is readily replaceable nor showing a part number. The illumination bulbs can be accessed from the back side of the control head but the control head will require disassembly to get to the indicator light. In many cases with non serviceable bulbs you can disassemble a component and match a bulb up. What I would recommend is removing the control head and then you can separate the front panel from it and see if you're able to remove and match up a replacement bulb.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can you provide a diagram etc to show the control head what it look like and where I would go to access the bulb
There aren't any diagrams or instructions for disassembly or internal components because it isn't a serviceable part. If someone wanted to attempt an internal repair it would be up to them to determine how to get it apart and back together. You should find it has snaps to separate the black front from the white plastic back.