Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of automotive Repair
7276279

My 2010 Altmia will not start. The motor will try to start,

Customer Question

My 2010 Altmia will not start. The motor will try to start, will fire a few times, then will not fire again until the key is turned off and then try to start it again. I was told that it is probably the fuel pump relay switch or the fuse to the fuel pump. Where can I find the relay switch and how do I test it to see if it is the problem?
JA: So many things can cause fuel pump issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just looking on the net to find out where the relay switch is and how to test it.
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: zo fpm
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.In order for the engine to start and run you need good spark to the spark plugs, injector pulse at the injector and proper fuel pressure (50 to 52 PSI) . The fuel pump fuse is the #32 fuse located in the under hood fuse panel. The relay is there as well. See the diagram in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it. Check the fuse and the relay and if the check okay then check the other things I have listed to determine which one you are lacking and post back with the results and we can work from there.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/FP%20relay%20May%2014.pdf